Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Introducing the pacifier...

The latest experiment we are trying out this week is the pacifier. Now for those of you who did not know; as a kid, I was a fan of the pacifier. In fact, I loved my pacifier and feeding bottle that I was suddenly weaned off at the tender age of 5 (i think). If my memory serves me correct, my affair with my feeding bottle (and therefore my pacifier) ended abruptly. The relationship was not to be as Auntie Jessie took me and my beloved bottle to the dustbin, tore us apart, and flung my precious down the dumpster.

Well, here I am again, giving my kid the pacificer (against the wishes of Grandma! hehe..). So far, the experiment shows that the pacifier really pacifies! hey! This little rascal takes centuries to settle down (I believe by the time I put him to bed, morning has arrived!). Once you pop in the pacifier, hey presto! Peace......

Weli for a start, we are using it only as a last resort measure. A stop gap method; before little Ethan turns red, when he doesn't want to sleep, or when i feel bored. The way he suckles is really cute! Think about it, all the while, when he suckles, he is probably thinking, "Hmm, the milk is coming soon right?"

The honest truth, on the other hand is, the Pacifier is not a magic wand. There had been occasions where the Pacifier simply did not work. (erm. like moments ago. Ethan has been screaming his head off for the last 30 minutes!!). However, with Maureen's smoothing voice, constant patting and ever slight rocking, he is now peacefully sleeping in her arms. So you see, a mother's midas touch is still the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home